I know me and just like I said, I’m getting bored with simply eating unmixed food. It feels like I’m snacking all the time, or eating off of a really healthy hors d’oeuvres tray. So, I’m going to make my first dish, outside of making a salad today.
It got this recipe from an Ani Pho raw food cookbook, who is highly regarded as a top-notch, world-class raw food chef with several great books in print. This recipe is for Avocado Cups. So, here’s how we do it…
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4-1/2 a Cucumber
- 1 Tomato (or you can slice up a cherry or grape tomatoes… I like them sweet and this is what I added to the recipe)
- 1-8-1/4 Red Onion (depends on if you have someone to kiss at night… added this too)
- 2 Tbsp of Chives (fresh or dried)
- 1 Tbsp of Braggs Amino Acids
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Crushed Garlic
- 1/4-1/2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pit and dice the avocado into squares and place into a bowl. (Don’t discard the avocado shells)
- Shave the cucumber and dice the shaved part into squares and add to the avocados
- Dice the tomato and onions add to the tomatoes and cucumber
- Chop the chives up (if need be) and add to the mixture.
- Take the mixture and spoon them into the avocado shells
- Next, mix the last 4 ingredients in a bowl well, and pour the topping over the avocado mixture.
- Eat up!